Monday, June 2, 2008



Picked this fine fellow up for $1.99 the other day. He was so ugly, I couldn't resist him. Never mind the nose on him - his chin sticks out far enough and hooks upwards at the end just enough that you could hang things on it. The inside of chin curve is darker than the rest of the wood. Looks like someone either did use this guy to throw their hat or whatever on - or he was somebody's lucky piece and that chin got rubbed on a regular basis. All hand carved and ready to preside over a new village.

2 comments:

Eileen said...

Everyone on the maternal side of my husband's family has that chin. I keep peering at my son to see how bad his version is... I *think* it's fairly mild, like my husband's. But I might be fooling myself...

Hystorical Old Broad said...

Eileen - if its in the family, its a strong chin or better yet - a good strong jaw line that shows strength of character.