Thursday, June 19, 2008

1960's Dandylion puff ball in lucite paperweight.


Here's a 50 cent find from a yard sale. One of my thrift treasures that I used for several years before selling on line. A secret pleasure in recycling thrift store vintage and antiques? The ability to rotate them thru your own life for awhile and enjoy them before sending them on to their new homes.


Charge me guilty as found - I love those items with sea shells, dried flowers, petrified wood, scorpions, and so on, encased in lucite. Wall plaques, trivets, small trays, large platters, cheese boards, paperweights - they draw my eye every time. Especially the odd ones like this treasure. How did they do that! A dandylion fluff caught forever. Memories of being a child, making wishes and blowing every bit of fluff off the stem so your wish would come true - all caught in a kitsch era of encasing nature in plastic.

No comments: