Thursday, April 17, 2008

vintage western shirts


okay...so here i begin the first of my blogging adventures.


now maybe some of you out there have never stepped foot into the doors of the thriftworld. it is a trip to the ultimate treasure hunt. it truly is an adventure beyond anything you can experience at the malls, department stores and boutiques.


i began thrifting as a teenager. i was always interested in antiques and vintage clothing and couldn't afford the prices they wanted at the stores and boutiques specializing in these items. thrift stores were my only option. thrifting didn't become serious business to me until i reached my 30's...maybe it was the size of our family? (we have 5 kids) i'm almost 40 now and i realize that it's not so much an economic decision anymore as it is a conscious effort to use less and enjoy more. it really is a green choice and one i can feel happy about, and it's just fun to go to a store where the merchandise changes daily.

pictured is one of my latest finds...doesn't it remind you of Bonanza??? i love vintage western shirts!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Erin,
Thank you for inviting me to share on your blog... I too just love these poly-gab western shirts. They remind me of younger years. Setting in front of the TV on Sat morning watching Roy Rogers, Dale Evens, Hop a long Cassoday, The lone Ranger, and all the other old spaghetti westerns. Thanks for the fond drive down memory lane :0)
Marcel

erin said...

Marcel,

That's why I like thrifting soooo much....you just never know what that next rack might have hanging on it...don't you wish they could all tell their story...it would be so cool to hear where they've been, who owned them and their stories....it's history.

But it seems so much more tangible when you are holding the object doesn't it??

more to come my friend....